This list of easy to set up, inexpensive toddler activities is a huge resource for parents of toddlers!
I absolutely love this age because learning happens so fast, but the endless energy can lead my toddlers to explore in all the wrong places. These 100+ toddler activities cover your children from 13 months to 3 years old…and almost all can be done with preschoolers too!
1) This activity gets your toddler moving indoors and all you need is newspaper to play! –The Train Drivers Wife
2) Have a car lover? This idea uses Dollar Store items to create a fun DIY car track busy bag activity. (There are 9 other busy bag ideas linked as well!) – Adventures of Adam
3) Want to try some discovery/sensory baskets, but not sure what to put in them? Here are 150+ ideas of common household items that will work! – The Train Driver’s Wife
4) Looking for sensory play ideas for toddlers? Here are 7+ unique sensory activities. –Adventures of Adam.
5) This finger painting toddler craft from Heart of Deborah not only gets your child exploring art, but letters as well.
6) Matching games are great for developing pre-math skills. Here are 8 matching activities for toddlers. –Sparkling Buds
7) Create roads with these two household items-great fun for toddlers who like to play with cars from Sunny Day Family.
8) You can create small worlds for your toddler with PlayTape. –Umbrella Tree Café
9) For a fun sensory activity involving sound, make these DIY rainsticks shared by Danya Banya.
10) A very clever coloring idea that turns your toddlers scribbles into art…so creative! –Umbrella Tree Café
11) All you need is a toilet paper tube and paint to create this fun fireworks painting activity. – Danya Banya
12) Fun ways to work on basic skills are great for toddlers. Here is an activity that teaches color sorting. –Tiny Tots Adventures
13) Interested in setting up a Montessori learning environment at home? Here are some great tips for introducing Montessori rules and routines from Living Montessori Now.
14) Try some button play for working on fine motor skills. –Just Another Mom
15) This “mommy and me” easy art activity is done by blowing bubbles to create a masterpiece! –Mommy’s Bundle
17) These 5 activities teach toddlers to identify body parts and stages of life. –Every Star is Different
18) Create a fun sensory exploration with this heuristic play treasure box activity. –Play & Learn Everyday
19) Toddlers can pretend to bake with this fun pretend play and sensory activity. –Multicrafting Mummy
20) Soft sensory activities are so fun for toddlers, so try this fun scooping activity with pom poms. –Buggy and Buddy
21) This activity connects with the song “I’m A Little Tea Pot” and helps toddlers learn to pour-a life skill! –Mulitcrafting Mummy
22) Toddlers can help with everyday tasks around the house (chores) and this free printable chore chart has some great developmentally appropriate jobs that your toddler can learn. –Natural Beach Living
23) Want to teach know how to teach your toddler practical life skills? Here is a good run-down of how to teach your toddler life skills at home. –Golden Reflections Blog
24) Toddlers are interested in learning colors and these 10+ activities teach colors in easy and fun ways. –Natural Beach Living
25) Don’t forget the simple ways to play with your toddler at home! –What’s Up Fagans?
26) Toddlers love looking at pictures of familiar family members, so try this activity to begin teaching family members names. Great busy bag idea! –Heart of Deborah
27) Does your toddler like to dress up? These DIY butterfly wings are a fun art project and addition to the dress up items for pretend play. –What’s Up Fagans?
28) Want to start introducing counting? Here are tips for teaching toddlers to count from A Mom With A Lesson Plan.
29) Beginning to learn letters is fun for toddlers and this simple hidden letters painting activity teaches letters through art for busy toddlers. –Sand In My Toes
30) Speaking of simple art projects, this painting activity is great for toddlers of all ages from Picklebums.
31) This easy to create dot-to-dot activity gets toddlers some pre-writing practice. –What Do We Do All Day
32) Toddlers love to dance to music and listen to simple songs. These 5 songs for toddlers are sure to be favorites! –A Mom With A Lesson Plan
33) For some messy finger painting fun, try this art activity with shaving cream puffy paint. –Simple Fun for Kids
34) All you need for this fine motor activity are pipe cleaners and buttons. –School Time Snippets
35) Your toddler will feel like a king or queen when they wear this fun homemade crown art project. –Meaningful Mama
36) Have you tried ice painting? –Messy Little Monster
37) A great busy bag activity that is simple to create will keep your toddlers busy hands creating. –Powerful Mothering
38) If you have paper coffee filters at home, then you can try this simple science and art color mixing activity with your toddler. –Messy Little Monster
39) Try this activity with those crazy bendy straws kids love. So simple and fun! –Powerful Mothering
40) Does your toddler like to play in the mud outside? Here is a fun outdoor mud kitchen idea to extend the play. –Messy Little Monster
41) Curious what skills your toddler can learn now? Here are some developmental milestones by age from Golden Reflections Blog plus activity ideas to try.
42) Do you have Mega Bloks or Duplos at home? Here are 7 ways to play with them. –Mom Inspired Life
43) Make your toddler’s next painting activity more exciting by creating these DIY paintbrushes-so many ideas you definitely have many of these items in your home. –Parenting Chaos
44) Whether your toddler still puts everything in their mouth or not, these activities are great, safe sensory fun. –Mama Smiles
45) Even for the very young toddler, this sticky cloud art will keep little hands busy and exploring in a good way! –Happily Ever Mom
46) Try this sensory obstacle course to get toddlers exploring their movement and balance. –Milk, Crafts and Honesty
50 Activities for Toddlers over at The Chirping Moms
20+ Activities for Toddlers to do at home right here at the SAHM Survival Guide
Enjoy your time at home!